Here you will find information on the Governing Body, the prime aim of which is to ensure the best possible education and learning environment for all pupils at the school.
Our Headteacher, Steven Turnbull, is responsible for the day to day running of the school, whereas the Governing Body, working with the Headteacher and staff, is responsible for strategy, monitoring performance and development plans. Governors act on behalf of the school to ensure that the school objectives and policies are being met and we play an essential role in supporting staff, parents and most importantly, pupils, in raising achievement within the school.
Each year we publish our Annual Governance Statement which can be downloaded by clicking here
All Governors are unpaid volunteers.
To enable us to fulfill our role each Governor undertakes to:
- Visit and familiarise ourselves with the school and staff
- Be prepared, regularly attend and contribute to full meetings of the Governing Body
- Take an active role in committees
- Take part in training
- Set targets for progress, and monitor and evaluate all areas of development
- Recognise the respective roles of the Governing Body and the Head teacher
- Observe confidentiality especially in relation to matters concerning individual pupils or staff
Our Governing Body is organised into two committees; Resources and Standards. The Resources Committee are concerned with the staffing, financial and premises aspects of the school. The Standards Committee focuses their efforts on the achievement of the children in the school. These committees meet once every term.
The Full Governing Body meets every term in addition to the committees.
The Chair meets regularly with the Headteacher to discuss the overall running of the School.