A happy school where all can enjoy learning
To achieve this we:
- Sustain a caring, friendly and supportive environment.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning.
- Believe that together children, parents, school and community can succeed.
- Promote lifelong learning within our learning School day and community.
At Hazelmere Infants School and nursery every learner is entitled to an experience of learning which is rich and varied, enjoyable and challenging and inspires all to strive for excellence so that everyone, for the benefit of us all, is able to shape our destinies and create a better future.
Aims of the school:
- We have high expectations and are committed to continuous improvement.
- We want everyone to enjoy being a member of this community and feel a personal commitment to it. We are all responsible for making life at Hazelmere Infants a stimulating and rewarding experience.
- We aim to give all our pupils a sense of individual worth. We help each child to develop initiative and self-confidence, a positive image and a caring attitude towards others.
To achieve our aims we:
- Encourage children to become confident and competent learners.
- Provide challenging and purposeful contexts for learning.
- Support each child to achieve the highest standard of which he or she is capable, through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Encourage children to be active participants, learning with and from each other as well as individually.
- Provide a safe and caring environment and promote healthy living.
- Encourage everyone to have respect for one another and for the world in which we live.
- Provide equal opportunities to everyone. We provide equal access to a broad and relevant curriculum. We will not accept any form of discrimination or racist behaviour on the basis of colour, sex, culture or ethnic origin, disability or impairment.
- Maintain close links with parents and the local community.
- Hazelmere Infant School and nursery has the extended schools full core offer.